Major League Baseball is one of the premier American sports leagues, and it’s the oldest organized professional sport in the country. With the National League founded in 1876 and the American League throwing out the first pitch in 1901, American professional baseball joined forces to create the formal MLB in 1903. For baseball bettors, there’s about 150 years of gambling history associated with the sport.
Today, most US-friendly online baseball betting happens at the best USA MLB sportsbook sites operating legally from outside of US borders. You can bet on MLB games with these bookmakers year-round, and each site offers thousands of MLB baseball betting lines every day of the season. If you live in America, you can step up to the plate and swing for the fences at the top MLB sportsbooks right now, and we’ll show you how to get started!
The USA's Best MLB Betting Site
Widely regarded as the most reliable sportsbook entity in existence on the planet today, Bovada.LV ensures Major League Baseball bettors the largest variety of odds, the best customer service in the industry, and a wide array of banking options for making deposits and withdrawing winnings. Bovada is the best choice for MLB odds, but don’t take our word for it. Browsing does not require becoming a member, so have a look around and we think you’ll agree that Bovada is the #1 option for betting on the 2022 MLB Season.
Best MLB Betting Sites
In The United States
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|1||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|2||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|3||100% Max $2,500||Visit Site
|4||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|5||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|6||100% Max $300||Visit Site
|7||50% Max $500||Visit Site
USA MLB Sportsbook Banking Options
Our MLB betting guide gives you the inside stuff on where and how to bet on baseball, but the first step is getting your legal sportsbook gambling account funded. MLB betting online is safe and easy, but deciding which sports betting deposit option for USA bettors should be at the top of your rotation isn’t always so simple.
In most cases, US bettors prefer to make their MLB betting picks using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and others, but many gamblers stick with more traditional bet funding options, such as Visa, Mastercard, bank wires, or money orders.
Some sites even support sports betting vouchers, which open up access to P2P apps like PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and other e-Wallets.
Regardless of the option you choose, of course, your deposits are guaranteed and will always go through in a timely manner. In general, your typical MLB betting site banking lineup includes the following:
As a rule, we have crypto batting cleanup when it comes to online sports gambling, as the best baseball betting sites put on a big shift for the stuff. Crypto deposits come with no added fees of any kind, carry the highest deposit limits, give you enhanced MLB sports betting bonuses, and are the only ways to claim same-day payouts from reputable international sportsbooks.
All other deposit and withdrawal options have added fees, and while credit/debit cards process instantly, such transactions can sometimes be hung up by UIGEA banking regulations. Meanwhile, cryptocurrency has a 100% transfer success rate, and you’ll always keep more of what you win at the fastest paying online USA sportsbooks.
Current MLB Teams And Season Schedule
An informed bettor is a successful bettor, and you don’t have to steal signs to make the right calls. That said, you do need to know the basics about the sport, as well as the general makeup of the league, its teams, and the MLB season schedule.
That way, you’ll understand exactly why MLB betting lines are favored by both amateur and professional sports bettors alike. The sheer quantity of options at your disposal are unrivaled by any other sport, and there’s action every day, all season long.
With each MLB team playing 162 games during the Major League Baseball regular season, that means that you’ve got 2430 games to bet on over the seven-month campaign, with another month of playoffs to boot.
Mix in prop betting, live betting, and all the rest, and you’ve got access to literally thousands of MLB betting odds every single day. And with MLB futures, you can bet on pennants, league championships, and World Series winners 365 days a year.
Current MLB Teams
- Atlanta Braves
- Miami Marlins
- New York Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Washington Nationals
- Chicago Cubs
- Cincinnati Reds
- Milwaukee Brewers
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Colorado Rockies
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- San Diego Padres
- San Francisco Giants
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Guardians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
2022 MLB Schedule
The 2022 MLB season represents a return to normalcy after the 60-game 2020 season, which was delayed and shortened by coronavirus restrictions. That means each team will play its full slate of contests, and you’ll be able to gamble on the sport as usual.
Here’s what the 2022 Major League Baseball season looks like overall:
- April 7 – MLB Opening Day
- July 17 – MLB Draft
- July 19 – MLB All-Star Game (Location TBD)
- August 2 – MLB Trade Deadline
- October 5 – Final Day of MLB Regular Season
- October 6 – Start of MLB Playoffs
- October 26 – Game 1 of the MLB World Series
MLB Baseball Betting Lines Explained
There are several types of regular season baseball and MLB playoff betting lines to choose from at all the top MLB sportsbooks. So before you go looking at various MLB betting forums and start crunching the numbers on MLB betting trends, you’ll need to understand the basics of how baseball odds work.
We outline the different types of MLB wagers below, and if you need a more in-depth discussion of how baseball odds work, please consult our USA Baseball Betting Guide.
- MLB Run Line Odds – The baseball betting “run line” is just like a point spread in other sports. Almost all books give the favorite -1.5 odds and the underdog +1.5 odds. This means the favorite has to win the game by 2 or more runs, while the dog can lose by up to a run and still win the bet.
- MLB Moneyline Odds – The straight bet in baseball is the easiest: Just pick a winner. The favorite will have a negative moneyline (how much you must bet to win $100), while the underdog will have a positive moneyline (how much you’ll win for a $100 bet). Note: These are payout ratios, not betting minimums.
- MLB Over/Under Odds – There’s no real baseball over/under betting strategy with O/U bets (aka baseball totals bets). Just choose whether or not you think both teams will combine to score more runs or fewer runs than the number posted by your MLB sportsbook.
- MLB First Five Inning Odds – When betting baseball, “first 5 innings” lines are a class of wager concerned only with the first five innings. These lines are offered as run lines, straights, and O/Us, and they’re designed to emphasize starting pitching.
- MLB Player Props – MLB player props are wagers on in-game statistical performances for individual players (number of hits, number of Ks, etc.). Most of the best MLB sportsbook sites also offer custom prop builder tools so you can make your own bets.
- MLB Team Props – Team props are like player props, but they’re focused on team-based in-game statistical performances. These can include how many runs a team scores, how many errors a team commits, etc.
- MLB Game Props – Game props are all about statistical outcomes that have to do with each game as a whole. Options include betting on how many HRs one or both teams hit, how many strikeouts a pitching staff records, and more.
- MLB Futures Odds – MBL futures betting involves placing wagers on long-term outcomes. The most common MLB baseball futures bets are on the World Series champion, division winners, ALCS/NLCS winners, MVPs, Cy Young winners, and so on.
MLB Live Betting Odds
The top-rated MLB betting sites have live in-game wagering options on every single game, all season long. In-game betting is a popular option for the biggest fans, as it gives them hundreds of dynamic odds that refresh to reflect the ebb and flow of each game.
Before live betting hit the scene, you had to place your best MLB bets before the start of any given game, and you were totally locked in. With live MLB betting, however, you can recover bad pregame bets, double down on blowouts, and generally be more immersed in the sport you love from the first pitch to the final out.
Live baseball betting is perfect for avid fans, but you have to be ready to swing for the fences at a moment’s notice. Remember, these MLB sports betting lines are only up for a few seconds at a time. Like a 103 MPH heater, blink and you’ll miss it. There’s a thin line between going yard and going home.
Mobile MLB Betting Apps
Mobile MLB betting is how everyone wagers on America’s Pastime these days, as iPhones, iPads, and Androids are the perfect platforms for placing online sports wagers. With always-on Internet connections, mobile US sports betting using these devices lets you wager from anywhere, anytime.
Best of all, the MLB sportsbooks we recommend here don’t require you to download an iPhone betting app or Android betting app. Instead, you can access your site’s full sportsbook menu – including live lines and prop builder tools – right through your mobile web browser.
With responsive design technology that fits any make or model of device regardless of screen size, you can keep your bookie in your back pocket, right next to your batting gloves. There’s no geo-fencing, either, which means you can bet from anywhere in America on day games and night games alik