NHL Betting In The USA
Betting on NHL games is a passion of hockey fans across the entire United States, and here we want to discuss the best options for betting on hockey online in the US. We will cover things like the USA’s best online NHL sportsbooks, what new bettors can expect to find, current NHL odds, and more.
Not all USA sportsbooks are the same or offer the same odds, lines, or features. That’s why we created this 2023 NHL betting guide and encourage you, as bettors, to look into multiple top-ranked online NHL betting sites, such as the ones listed on this page. We will help you navigate the maze of options that you’ll find online and determine how to access premium pro hockey betting sites legally in your state.
The USA's Best NHL Betting Site
Bovada.LV is the top NHL betting site on the web and serves a large majority of the United States via the web. 18 and over NHL gamblers are welcome to join and place a bet on National Hockey League game lines, playoff odds, Stanley Cup futures, prop bets, and more. Bovada Sportsbook has built a solid reputation among USA-based sports bettors with over a decade of NHL gambling services. They’ve famously never missed a payout – a claim that still holds true today. There are countless reasons why Bovada is #1 – here are a few:
Best NHL Betting Sites 2023
For Online USA Hockey Betting
|Site Name||Current Bonus||U.S.||Visit Site|
|1||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|2||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|3||100% Max $2,500||Visit Site
|4||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|5||50% Max $1,000||Visit Site
|6||100% Max $300||Visit Site
|7||50% Max $500||Visit Site
Is NHL Betting Legal In The USA?
Yes. Legit USA sportsbook sites, regardless of base of operation, will offer NHL odds for regular season and postseason games, as well as other popular hockey wagering options. There are two legal opportunities for NHL betting in the USA.
- Domestic NHL Betting: State-regulated sportsbooks are offered in many regions across the USA. Bettors that are located inside one of these states can access and bet on NHL games if they meet the minimum age requirement which is usually 21 but sometimes 18.
- Offshore NHL Sportsbook Sites: NHL gambling sites that are located inside a regulated offshore gaming district can lawfully accept hockey bets over the web from customers inside of the United States that are at least 18 years old. There are no laws in place that prohibit international sports betting sites from serving US-based bettors. The sites we link to above are all legitimate offshore NHL sportsbooks with proper credentials that are operating legally.
How To Bet On NHL Games – NHL Bet Types
In most cases, each NHL game is covered with betting lines at our recommended sportsbooks, and will consist of three elements:
- The puck line
- The moneyline for straight-up winners
This is the first number seen inside an NHL betting line and will be the amount of points a hockey team is expected to win by. Negative spreads indicate the favorite and positive digits are given to the underdog. A spread of “EVEN” means that the teams are evenly matched and simply need to win to secure payouts.
These are bets made on each team’s probability of winning the game with negative moneylines for favored teams and positive for the projected loser. The NHL moneylines indicate how much can be won by betting on each team to win.
The total amount of goals scored by both teams is granted a line by hockey oddsmakers and NHL bettors must wager on whether the amount will end up being above or below the over/under once the game concludes.
Any element that is not covered by the three above categories falls under the spectrum of NHL props, including player/team stats and awards, first team/player to score a goal, and can even cover occurrences taking place off the ice for big games.
This category involves betting on Stanley Cup Champions, division and conference winners, or any other NHL betting type that includes a list of franchises competing for the same outcome that will be achieved tomorrow or after.
Where To Bet On NHL Games Online
While domestic sportsbooks do offer some healthy betting choices for hockey odds, we prefer offshore sportsbooks for their more extensive range of NHL game lines and wagering options, as well as more attractive bonus offers. Our list of the best USA sportsbook sites are premium bookmakers for placing your Stanley Cup bet, and here’s why.
- Many more NHL betting odds, lines, and Stanley Cup prop bets than state-regulated books.
- Offshore betting sites grant the option to shop the NHL odds across multiple sportsbooks so that that you can choose the most favorable lines. If one book offers the Avalanche at +2 and another has them listed at +3, you can decide which odds make you more comfortable.
- Bitcoin betting deposits and withdrawals are not just an option, they are the preferred transaction method at the best NHL betting sites that operate overseas. A variety of cryptocurrencies are accepted at most sportsbooks, with the altcoin options varying from site to site.
- Live betting and mobile access are available, as well as NHL futures during the offseason. Most state-licensed betting sites require bettors to be on-site to access any special features, and rarely offer futures bets.
The USA’s Best Mobile NHL Betting Apps
Mobile sports betting applications offered by local sportsbooks are legal in some states across the nation with minimum ages that range from 18 to 21 years of age. Mobile hockey betting apps at offshore sportsbooks are also available for NHL gambling online but they don’t require a download or a visit to the Google Play or App Stores.
iPhones, iPads, and other popular smartphones and tablets can access the absolute best NHL sportsbook apps with the mobile sports betting options we’ve listed and linked to here at USASBS.
Live Betting On NHL Odds
No longer are pro hockey bets limited to pregame wagers. In-game betting on live NHL odds is offered at our finest online pro hockey sportsbooks that we offer our acclaim to here on this page. The puck line, NHL moneyline odds, over/under, prop bets, and more, are eligible for in-game betting.
Just because the live betting on NHL odds can last until the final minutes of the game doesn’t mean that they will. In-play NHL betting odds can be removed at any time during the contest so keep that in mind when making your wagering decisions.
USA Sportsbook Site Funding Options
As mentioned earlier, the fastest paying USA sportsbooks accept cryptocurrency for funding NHL bets, and it’s a big-time advantage over local sportsbooks across the US. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, Cardano, Litecoin, and Dogecoin represent just a sample of options these NHL sportsbook sites accept for crypto deposits and withdrawals.
Using altcoins for NHL betting allows for faster uploads and withdrawals (the only option for a same-day payout) and almost always heightens the sportsbook bonus offers that are offered for initial deposits.
Our top offshore NHL sportsbooks also allow for traditional USD deposits and withdrawals using credit/debit cards, bank wire transfers, money orders, and Cashier’s Checks. Person-to-person (P2P) funding options using PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, MatchPay, and more, are available at some of our top sportsbook sites as well.
Sportsbook Bonus Codes & Promotions for Betting on Hockey
When you sign up as a new customer at any of the top USA sportsbook sites we feature, you are eligible to receive some extra betting cash, and the bonus is usually based on the size of your first deposit. It is also common to find seasonal promotions and special reload bonuses for returning bettors.
The sportsbook bonuses and promos do carry terms and conditions, so make sure to check those out before claiming any of them. Most bonuses are claimed when you are making your deposit, so make sure you are aware of the process before the transaction is complete if you intend to take advantage of the offer. Each sportsbook does it a little differently