The National Basketball Association began to play in 1946, and since then, the NBA has become one of the most popular sports leagues to bet on in the United States. Because of the number of games played at the pro level, there is a game to wager on almost every night from October to June — meaning each night is a chance to increase your bankroll.
We want to set your bet up for the alley-oop by dishing out only the best legal basketball betting sites, along with our guide on how to wager on NBA odds and lines for the 2022-2023 season. Whether you’re betting on the regular season, the playoffs, or the NBA Finals, we want to make sure your bet is nothing but net.
The USA's Best NBA Betting Site
Bovada Sportsbook is our top pick for betting on the NBA due to the sheer amount of betting odds available for each individual matchup, post-season events, and off-court props. In addition to numerous odds, Bovada offers a prop builder tool where you can literally create your own props or parlays. Below are just a few more reasons to start a new account with Bovada.
Best NBA Sportsbooks
Accepting USA Bettors
Is NBA Betting Legal In The USA?
Yes, there are no federal laws against betting on NBA games, NBA Christmas games, post-season or international basketball like PBA basketball betting online at legally authorized offshore betting sites or domestic venues in the United States as long as the bettor is of appropriate minimum age (18 offshore, domestic varies by state).
Where Can I Bet On NBA Games In The United States?
Gamblers in 49 states and Washington D.C. can legally place real money wagers on NBA odds at any of the online sportsbooks featured on our site. Additionally, some states have legalized sports betting within their jurisdiction, so check our legal page for more information and to see the status of sports betting coming to your state.
Are There NBA Betting Apps?
Yes, and the best NBA betting apps for mobile devices are offered up by our top offshore basketball sportsbook sites that we share links to on this page and elsewhere at USASBS. Just click on any of the sportsbook links above and cell phones will transform into handheld NBA betting stations right in front of your eyes.
All the NBA odds that are available on the desktop sportsbook sites are ported to smartphones and tablets for mobile sports betting from anywhere in the country with a connection to the web. That includes NBA Playoff betting, NBA Finals odds, prop bets, and more, all on your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet.
Can I Bet On NBA Playoff Odds?
Sixteen teams qualify for professional basketball's postseason, and patrons can lay some action on each best-of-seven series or on championship futures. NBA Playoff sportsbook sites for USA bettors will include futures odds for most of the year while individual playoff games won't receive action until the prior game concludes.
Who Is Favored To Win The 2023 NBA Finals?
Most bettors are leaning toward the Golden State Warriors winning the West and moving on to play for an NBA Championship. The Boston Celtics are favored to win the Eastern Conference and have the same preseason odds to win the NBA Finals as the Warriors do.
Odds to Win the 2023 NBA Championship
Here you can find the latest odds to win the 2022-2023 NBA Finals and hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy. Odds are updated regularly, and as the season draws to a close, teams will be eliminated from contention and, thus, eliminated from the NBA championship betting odds.
Types of NBA Bets - How To Bet On NBA Games
There are multiple different ways to bet on the NBA, and we’ve included examples of each of the most common types of bets you’ll see at a sportsbook. For beginners, we recommend sticking to the point spread since it gives equal value to both teams and has a low amount of vigorish in the odds.
- Point Spread – Lakers @ Warriors (-6): Warriors are favored must win by 7 pts or more, and the underdog Lakers must lose by no more than 5 pts or can win the game by any margin.
- Money Line – Celtics (+125) @ Bucks (-145): Bucks are favored to win the game outright and require $1.45 to win $1, while the Celtics are the underdog and need only $1 to win $1.25.
- Total Points – Trail Blazers @ Thunder O/U 240.0 pts: The combined number of points from both sides will need to fall under or over the set number (240), depending on which side you bet.
- Futures – Odds to win NBA Finals, Raptors (+750): $1 bets on the Raptors to win the NBA Finals ahead of time (weeks, months) will pay $7.50 if they become the champions.
- Prop Bets – 3-PT FG for Stephen Curry, O/U 4.5: Stephen Curry will need five or more 3’s to win a bet on the over and four or fewer 3’s to win a bet on the under. Props can be on stats or other events, both inside and outside the game itself.
- Live NBA Bets – Knicks down 11 w/ 5:31 left in the 3rd (+500): While the game is currently being played and the Knicks are down 11 points with 5:31 left in the 3rd period, if the Knicks (at +500) come back to win the game then a $1 bet would win $5.
Can You Bet On The NBA All-Star Game?
There are NBA All-Star Odds at online sportsbooks for all events occurring over the entire mid-season break, including, but not limited to the following options:
- NBA All-Star Game Betting Lines - Just like for any other NBA game, bet on All-Star point spreads, moneylines, and the over/under.
- Slam Dunk Contest Prop Bets - Don't just watch the best dunks, profit off of them with these NBA odds that can cover the overall winner, and everything else.
- Three-Point Contest Odds - Bet on the NBA's best shooters and win big on prop bets for winners and losers in the 3-point contest.
- Betting On The Celebrity All-Star Game - This game creates an inordinate number of NBA prop bets because of the actors, musicians, and entertainers that make up each team. Surprisingly, the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game is just as competitive as the actual All-Star Game.
- NBA Rising Stars Odds - The best rookies and second-year NBA players clash as the league highlights and honors their up-and-coming talent. Bet on Rising Stars game lines and prop bets at online NBA sportsbooks.
NBA Lottery Odds - Can You Bet On The NBA Draft?
The NBA Draft typically occurs a few weeks after the conclusion of the Finals. Instead of simply granting the worst team in the league the number one pick, there is a NBA Draft Lottery where the top picks are drawn at random and awarded to the bottom teams that didn't make the playoffs the prior year.
Online sportsbooks offer betting odds on the NBA Draft Lottery as well as the NBA Draft itself with hundreds of prop bets regarding the picks selected in both rounds.
Are There Sportsbook Promo Codes For NBA Betting?
Yes, and they'll add some extra cash to your bankroll for betting on NBA Odds, but be aware that there are terms that must be completed prior to requesting a withdrawal. Sportsbook deposit matching bonuses place a percentage of the fund upload total and adds it into user accounts as a way of saying thanks to their customers and to entice extra business.
If you're interested in a sportsbook bonus, we advise betting on the NBA with cryptocurrency because the promo dollars increase up to 3X with lower rollover terms attached when Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other altcoins are used for depositing online. We've also seen NBA betting bonus offers during the Finals, All-Star Weekend, and also just before the beginning of the season that are more advantageous than standard offers.
2023 NBA Schedule: Important Dates
- 2023 NBA Season Start Date: October 19, 2022
- All-Star Break: February 17-19, 2023
- Play-In Tournament: April 2023
- NBA Playoffs: April/May 2023
- NBA Finals: June 2023
- NBA Draft: TBA